Duke & Dexter Competition
Friday 23rd February- Thursday 2nd March
The Terms + Conditions are as follows:
- The promoter is Duke & Dexter Ltd (company no 08845470) whose registered office is at Upperton Farm, OX49 5PB
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Duke & Dexter and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via dukeanddexter.com/pages/subscribe & www.facebook.com/dukeanddexter
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be 23:59 on Thursday 2nd March. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Like the competition post on the Duke & Dexter Facebook page (facebook.com/dukeanddexter) and subscribe to the Duke & Dexter newsletter (www.dukeanddexter.com/pages/subscribe) between 00:01 on Friday 24th February and 23:59 on Thursday 2nd March 2017.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in an event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows:
One pair of Duke & Dexter shoes from any of the following collections: Plain, Motif, Camo, Tweed, Limited Edition, Linen, Leather, Pyramid or Suede, as found on https://dukeanddexter.com/collections/all
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
User content - In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose. You grant to Duke and Dexter a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to Duke and Dexter the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights. Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Duke and Dexter or a third party (in each case under any applicable law). You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint. Duke and Dexter reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on Duke and Dexter servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You hereby indemnify us and undertake to keep us indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to third parties in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice or our legal advisers) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions of use, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions of use.
Limitations of Liability - Duke and Dexter will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website: to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss; or for any indirect, special or consequential loss; orfor any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Duke and Dexter has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Duke and Dexter’s prior written consent.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
You must not:
-sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
-show any material from the website in public;
-reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose.
-edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or redistribute material from this
website [except for content specifically and expressly available for redistribution].
Exceptions - Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Duke and Dexter liability in respect of any: death or personal injury caused by Duke and Dexter’s negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Duke and Dexter; or matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Duke and Dexter to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
Duke and Dexter is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Duke and Dexter may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 04.02.14.
What information do we collect?
Duke and Dexter collect information from you when you place an order.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information Duke and Dexter collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
; To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
; To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, marketing material, related product or service information, etc.
To opt out of marketing material please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we protect your information?
Duke and Dexter implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Duke and Dexter have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Duke and Dexter offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes - (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Duke and Dexter do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Duke and Dexter may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, Duke and Dexter cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Data Protection Act 1998
Our data collection and storage is governed by the rules of the UK Data Protection Act.
This policy was last modified on 04.02.14.
Duke & Dexter Ltd.
Company registration number - 08845470
Company registration address - Upperton Farm Office, Upperton, Nr Watlington, OX49 5PB, United Kingdom